Aug 14, 2010

Freedom, Independence, and The country called India

Good Morning India,

Here we are again, to wake up and think about ourselves, forgetting all about the power, diversity in terms of languages, cultures, looks, geographical variations from place to place in a single country called INDIA....
All we can think today is "I"
We never think "WE"
Its so difficult, but wouldn't it be great if we start respecting our diversity as our biggest strength as an asset. How many countries can you name, without a second thought which has citizens with various religions, looks, languages,dialects, different styles of music, dance forms, art forms, theater, cultures, a million festivals, millions of people
I am waiting................

The name is INDIA.

 Why do we underestimate ourselves? why copy the West! when the westerners are finding comfort and peace in our age old Ayurveda, scientific studies, methods of meditations, religious books and chanting prayers, style of balanced eating habits.
 They are absorbing more from our culture than us and we are not able to accept it with grace and accept ourselves as us.
 Why not respect the age old Yog, better known as "Yoga" ( not to mentions the people from the West pronounce it that way", but why do we do it?

"I love my country", sounds very clichéd ! doesn't it?

Why wouldn't it, we say it on Independence Day , Republic Day, but somehow probably we are not able to connect with it emotionally. That's because all the stories and the pain that the Freedom fighters went through are nothing more than fables for us.
Their sacrifices mean nothing, because we were born in a free country. We did not pay the price like our forefathers did. But can't we at least be good enough to keep our motherland beautiful, neat and peaceful. Why fight with our brother, when we can share and live in Peace.

I am no one to judge anybody... but here I am writing, knowing that somehow I connect. I think twice before I dirty my roads, or criticise people of a particular community.
I am no angle, I am just an INDIAN....

Nupz™ Vagrant in a Big City...

No comments: